Join us Sunday nights at 7:30p at Celebration, our college & careers service.
Connect with us and get the latest information at our Facebook page!
At Celebration, our goal is to equip a community of people as worshippers of God.
… equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God. Ephesians 4:12-13
When was the last time you saw a game where the coach tried to fill in as a player? Or where the players stayed on the bench and expected the coaches to win the game for them?
In the church, you’re the team. Every Christian is called to be trained, shaped, formed, equipped for ministry. “Ministry” isn’t for a special class of holier people; it’s for you and me, ordinary everyday people that God intends to use in extraordinary ways. Celebration exists to help guide you through the process of being equipped, until you “reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ” like you were made to. (Romans 5:17.)
This isn’t a burden. It’s the life you were made for. Your talents, your experiences, and your dreams are all part of how God means to partner with your for His purpose in the world. “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” (Eph 2:10)
Learn by doing, when it really counts.
If you’re a Poly student, chances are you’ve heard the “learn by doing” philosophy. Don’t just sit in a classroom; do what you’re talking about. So how come we never do that when it really counts? We hear the Bible taught, but when do we practice and experiment with it, together?
So let’s change that. Instead of playing at church, let’s be the church, and discover what God means as we put His word into practice in our real lives. Let’s experiment and see what happens when we follow Jesus. And let’s encourage each other along the way.
Here are some of the ways we intend to equip you:
- Celebration service—Sunday nights at 7:30p. Our community’s weekly gathering. We praise God through music, dig into His word to know and delight in Him more, and respond with prayer, practices and opportunities to discover what God’s way looks like in real life.
- Getting Started with God—this three-week series, offered once a quarter, will introduce you to practical ways to grow in your love for God, love for His church and love for His world. Next offering starts Oct 27.
- Apprentice class—Wednesday night, 6:00p–7:30p, or Thursday night, 7:30p–9:00p. This 9-month course will teach you how to train as a student of Jesus, learning from Him how to live every moment aware of the Kingdom of God. You’ll learn the core spiritual practices which have equipped Christians for centuries. Starts in October and runs through early June, so it fits in the Cal Poly year.
- Tuesday Band—Tuesday nights, 8:00p. If you play an instrument, love worshipping through music, or are interested in what it means to lead worship, this is the place to start. Bring your instrument.
- CORE team—Learn what it means to be a servant using your gifts, in your community. You’ll meet monthly with pastors who will help guide your growth and train you to be a blessing wherever you end up. Email Ben to find out more.